6 Must-Haves to Opt for a Work Order Management Software in 2021
Expert Guide For Choosing The Best Work Order Software in 2021
Switching to work order management software is no more an option for field service organizations. With increased productivity, efficiency, and reduction of overall operational and labor costs, organizations tend to invest in work order management software. The CSS survey has revealed businesses with work order management software have experienced approximately a 20% reduction in equipment downtime and material costs. As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, there is a steep increase in the implementation of cloud-based work management solutions.
Finding it difficult to opt for the right work order management software? Here is the expert guide to take you through how to choose the best software in 2021.
1. Enhancing Customer Experience Through Automation
To improve efficiency, productivity, and customer experience, automating workflows is the right choice one is left with.
Work order management software replaces the reactive working environment with a proactive workplace.
- Field technicians are notified about their tasks well in advance, they reach out to their customer site proactively. This increases customer satisfaction.
- Technician gets notifications on schedules and dispatches, maintenance calls, workflows. These automated workflows provide timely services and uncertainty is a vanity in the organization.
- AI chatbots streamline customer support 24/7 and aim at dealing with their queries and clarifying them.
- The self-service center ensures customers can go through transaction details, FAQs, customer details, and fix petty issues on their own.
Whenever a service request arises, the software with the skill set analyzes the suitable technician with sound experience in dealing with the issue. Technician gets information on the best routes to reach the customer place, tools to carry with, and client history. This increases first-time fix rates.
Ensure regulatory compliance, with auto-population and auto-dispatch compliance reports with the work order management system.
2. Team Communication
Work order management system enhances visibility among employees and field technicians. Miscommunication is the worst nightmare for field service organizations that causes confusion and conflict.
Supervisors can effectively and effortlessly track field technicians, and get real-time status updates on open work orders. Customers get to know the exact location of field technicians, update requirements, and open new tickets.
All data are stored in a centralized location on the cloud making it accessible from anywhere, anytime.
3. Proactive Maintenance Capabilities
Designing maintenance work orders that shoos away downtime is crucial for any business. Work Order Management software powered by IoT devices generates accurate insights. The insights obtained alerts technicians on any mishaps that are predicted to happen in the future. Going proactive, technicians can quickly probe into the problem and fix it before the system shuts down and makes no space for downtimes or breakdowns. Work order systems even without IoT sensors perfectly gather data collected over time and aids in preemptive maintenance.
4. Seamless Inventory Management
Tracking and managing inventory is not an easy task. Organizations fail in managing warehouses, leading to the purchase of parts of inventories that are already available in their warehouse but unable to spot them.
- Avoid confusion with up-to-date inventory reports and get to know where parts of inventory are exactly located with the tool.
- Auto-ordering helps in filling up the unavailable parts of inventory and avoids downtime.
- Get instant updates on material availability, plan accordingly, increase customer experience, and reduce operational costs with field service management software.
5. Accurate Business Insights
Organizations still operating on whiteboards and spreadsheets will never shoot up with inaccurate and underrated data usage. Data is invaluable. Organizations that fail to collect, manage, and follow up customers based on their data insights are in the loop of failure.
- Track metrics in real-time that are updated and made available for the entire team to handle. This increases employee efficiency and business efficiency that can lead to reduced equipment downtime, and lower costs.
- A bird-view of the entire organization, workflows, and employees can be easily tracked. This can help to identify the weaker part of the workflows, analyze and fix the issues, train your employees accordingly which improves business efficiency.
- Cost estimation, finance management, is made available which elevates the understanding of customers about the organization.
6. Increase Productivity
Not all businesses fit into the features of work order management software. From small to large enterprises, organizations lookout for software that can go well along with tools that are already in use, flexible, and boosts the productivity of the businesses.
Implementing a work order management tool just because your competitor has invested in one, may not work for your organization. Organizations lookout for highly customizable software that can fit their business requirements. The system streamlines workflows, bridges the gap between employees and technicians, provides all the required information, collects, and organizes data. The Robust work order management systems ensure effective delegation, progress monitoring, and documentation. It guides the field technician on what to do and when to do it.
Work order software on the whole increases business performance and expands the business bottom line. Want to see the software in action? Contact the QuikAllot team experts today, go through a free online demo, get 30 days free trial, and grab a quote!
Categories: Work Order Management